Using Our Signals
Buy or Sell Trading Strategy
Trade a Break trading strategy
- Buy or Sell futures trading recommendations should be executed as market orders on the open (Market on Open) with an accompanying Stop Loss order.
- Buy or Sell spot FX trading recommendations should be executed as market orders at 07:00GMT with an accompanying Stop Loss order
- Profits should be taken at each Price Target level or as directed in live updates.
- Losses should be taken at the first Stop Loss level or as directed in live updates
The One o’ Clock Rule
- Most recommendations are either buy or sell trades. In some conditions sentiment signals can be very mixed. This usually indicates the potential for indecision, offering us no strong clues for the direction of sentiment. In these circumstances, we recommend staying out of the market and prefer to only trade once prices break out of specific predetermined range. This range is comprised of an upper price level above which we want to buy and a lower price level below which we want to sell.
- Once a break level is reached in the market and broken, you should enter a market order to buy or sell as required. We recommend you place your break trades a small distance away from the trade break level because these levels can act as support or resistance and by trading at a small distance from the break level, you are more likely to avoid false breaks or whipsaw.
- If the recommended trading strategy is showing a profit at 13:00GMT, we recommend closing the trade.
- If a trade is unprofitable at 1pm but has not been stopped out it can be run until 16:00GMT.
- If at 1pm a trade is unchanged from the opening level, it can stay open until 16:00GMT.
- If market conditions make it necessary to take earlier profits, move stop levels or close out trades completely before 13:00GMT, we will provide live updates to each trading strategy as necessary.
- Weekly research and recommendations are published each Monday before the relevant market open.
- The same criteria above apply to trading with our weekly calls with the exception that the time horizon is from 7am Monday morning – 1pm Friday. (Monday open – Friday close for US markets).
- Weekly trades are entered from 7am Monday at the market open (07:00GMT for spot FX) and partial profits should be taken at each of the specified profit targets. The stop level for the trade is the risk level used in the weekly call.
- If market conditions make it necessary to take earlier profits, move stop levels or close out trades completely before 13:00GMTon Friday, we will provide live updates to each trading strategy as necessary.