We are First4Trading, the trading division of PIA-first
and we provide professional quality market sentiment and technical analysis research specifically designed for the individual trader and investor. Our research covers more than 25 different financial instruments from major equity index futures, fixed income futures and spot foreign exchange over two trading horizons – daily and weekly.
Award winning professional research team
Our research is conducted by our professional team of analysts at PIA-first, who produce proprietary research and analysis for financial institutions: fund managers, hedge funds and Central Banks. The analysts have between them many years experience gained at major financial institutions in the UK and overseas. In 2007, the PIA-first team of analysts formed an independent research firm to enable them to better serve their Institutional clients needs and proof of their success is that they continue to win awards each year.
The First4Trading proprietary analysis aims to assist the individual trader exploit price behaviour during the large and liquid European session when Asian markets are closed and US markets have not yet opened. In general, trading commences at 07:00 GMT and 90% of our recommended trading strategies are closed by 13:00 GMT. The remaining 10% are closed by 16:00 GMT.
Analysis delivered before the open
Each day*, the PIA-first analysts apply their unique analytical methodology from 04:00 GMT onwards and deliver to subscribers their analysis and recommended trading strategies for each financial instrument we cover. This information is delivered in time for the futures market open at 07:00 GMT when trading commences. The First4Trading analysis differs from the PIA-first Institutional research in terms of delivery, complexity and end use.
* Daily analytical reports are available from Tuesday to Friday.
* Weekly analytical reports are available on Monday and cover a longer time-frame.
Live updates to each trading strategy
Throughout the trading day, the analysts carefully monitor each trading strategy and continually assess market conditions and its likely impact on the day’s recommended trades. Using their experience and knowledge, the analysts provide updates for each live trading strategy. These trading strategy updates are posted in real time on this website and are an invaluable part of our service especially for those traders with limited market experience: it’s comforting to know that our expert team are monitoring your trades in real time and can help you manage your trading positions in response to market changes during the trading session.